Emily Scarlett - KFBB.com News, Sports and Weather

Emily Scarlett

Born and raised in Southfield, MI, Emily's career in news broadcasting began as an anchor for her elementary school news program. Her journey to the news desk continued once she was selected as a student columnist for her city's newspaper, The Southfield Eccentric.

It was no surprise that she decided to pursue journalism after gaining acceptance to the University of Michigan, and a couple years later Emily interned at WDIV/Local 4 News, in Detroit. In 2010, she received a bachelor's degree in communications from U of M. Shortly after graduating, Emily began working as anchor/reporter for MacDonald Broadcasting in Michigan's capitol city, Lansing. She worked for a short time as a special assignments reporter for LCC TV, and eventually took on an internship with Meridian Township's government access station, HOM-TV.

Eager to join the KFBB news team, Emily happily accepted a position as the FOX 5 News Anchor/Reporter/Producer. Great Falls, Montana is fairly different from her life in Detroit, MI, but a fun and exciting change overall. Already enjoying the friendly people, the easy going atmosphere, and most of all the beautiful scenery—Emily is looking forward to getting to know the Great Falls community.

If you have any story ideas for Emily or wish to contact her you can email her at emily.scarlett@cowlesmontana.com.

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • UPDATE: Fire at Silverwood caused by cigarette

    UPDATE: Fire at Silverwood caused by cigarette

    Friday, August 29 2014 2:35 PM EDT2014-08-29 18:35:38 GMT
    ATHOL, Idaho - After a thorough investigation into the fire that closed a portion of Silverwood Theme Park last weekend, investigators with the Timberlake Fire Protection District say it was most likely an improperly discarded cigarette that started the fire.
    ATHOL, Idaho - After a thorough investigation into the fire that closed a portion of Silverwood Theme Park last weekend, investigators with the Timberlake Fire Protection District say it was most likely an improperly discarded cigarette that started the fire. The fire happened on August 24th, around 2:00pm in a restroom at the Boulder Beach Water park. The water park was evacuated while crews worked to put the flames out. 
  • CMR Volleyball Excited for New Coach

    CMR Volleyball Excited for New Coach

    Former Lady Griz Theresa Besich takes over the helm at CMR.
    Former Lady Griz Theresa Besich takes over the helm at CMR.
  • High STD Rate in Cascade County

    High STD Rate in Cascade County

    Cascade County has the third highest rate of sexually transmitted diseases in the state and officials say that many of the STD's are originating from one specific area.
    Cascade County has the third highest rate of sexually transmitted diseases in the state and officials say that many of the STD's are originating from one specific area.
Powered by WorldNow

Sports

  • Sports
  • Community

  • Community
  • Powered by WorldNow
    All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Max Media. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.