Airway Heights Early Morning Apartment Fire Leaves 2 Pets Dead - KFBB.com News, Sports and Weather

Airway Heights Early Morning Apartment Fire Leaves 2 Pets Dead

Posted: Updated:

UPDATE: An early morning house fire Monday morning displaced two adults and three kids. A dog and cat were not able to get out of the house in time.

One woman inside tried to get a fire extinguisher out of a glass box, and cut her hand.

That was the only injury. The five people are staying in a relatives unit in the same complex. The fire investigator will be on scene thought the day. 

PREVIOUS STORY:

AIRWAY HEIGHTS, Wash. - Early Monday morning fire crews responded to an apartment fire at an Airway Heights Apartment on Highway 2 and S. Spotted Road.

Apartments near the fire were evacuated. One neighbor ran door-to-door telling everyone to get out.

Four apartments were damaged by the fire. Five people were in the apartment at the time the fire started.

No one was killed or injured, however one dog and one cat died.

The American Red Cross has been notified to assist the victims.

Fire crews remained on scene throughout the morning to make sure all hot spots are put out.

  • Top Stories from KHQHomeMore>>

  • UK police: 'a number of fatalities' at Grande concert

    UK police: 'a number of fatalities' at Grande concert

    Monday, May 22 2017 7:01 PM EDT2017-05-22 23:01:30 GMT

    LONDON (AP) - Police says there are "a number of fatalities" after reports of an explosion at an Ariana Grande concert in northern England.      Police advised the public to avoid the area around the Manchester Arena Monday night.      There were no immediate details of what happened during the concert by the American singer.

    LONDON (AP) - Police says there are "a number of fatalities" after reports of an explosion at an Ariana Grande concert in northern England.      Police advised the public to avoid the area around the Manchester Arena Monday night.      There were no immediate details of what happened during the concert by the American singer.

  • Fairchild AFB to hold public meeting on contamination

    Fairchild AFB to hold public meeting on contamination

    Monday, May 22 2017 6:55 PM EDT2017-05-22 22:55:55 GMT

    FAIRCHILD AIR FORCE BASE, Wash. - Fairchild Air Force Base says they will be hosting a Water Contamination Public meeting on Tuesday, May 23, at 6 p.m. in the Medical Lake High School gymnasium. Experts will be on hand from Fairchild, the Air Force Civil Engineer Center, Environmental Protection Agency and Spokane Regional Health District to provide additional information and address questions and concerns.

    FAIRCHILD AIR FORCE BASE, Wash. - Fairchild Air Force Base says they will be hosting a Water Contamination Public meeting on Tuesday, May 23, at 6 p.m. in the Medical Lake High School gymnasium. Experts will be on hand from Fairchild, the Air Force Civil Engineer Center, Environmental Protection Agency and Spokane Regional Health District to provide additional information and address questions and concerns.

  • Man dies in California botulism outbreak from nacho-cheese

    Man dies in California botulism outbreak from nacho-cheese

    Monday, May 22 2017 6:26 PM EDT2017-05-22 22:26:29 GMT

    SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - California authorities say one man is dead in an apparent botulism outbreak stemming from nacho-cheese dip sold at a gas station. Health officials on Monday confirmed one death among what the state says is 10 people sickened by the cheese dip.      Authorities did not identify the dead man.

    SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - California authorities say one man is dead in an apparent botulism outbreak stemming from nacho-cheese dip sold at a gas station. Health officials on Monday confirmed one death among what the state says is 10 people sickened by the cheese dip.      Authorities did not identify the dead man.