The Documentary Walter Makes Its First Showing in Great Falls - KFBB.com News, Sports and Weather

The Documentary Walter Makes Its First Showing in Great Falls

Posted: Updated:

 

Last night the Manfield Theater in Great Falls hosted a screening of Walter, the latest documentary from the award winning director, Hunter Weeks.

The film is about a journey Weeks and his fiance took through the US, Cuba and Italy to meet some of the world's oldest people and their families. Through their encounters they hoped to learn the secret to a long and happy life.

But I bet you are wondering, why the name Walter? Well, Walter was the Great Falls resident who inspired it all.

Hunter Weeks told ABC Montana that, "Walter is a film I actually discovered when I was living in Montana and Bozeman for a little while working for an agency. I googled who's the oldest person in Montana. I could do a project on the generations of Montana. I then discovered not only is Walter one of the oldest people in Montana, he was the oldest man in the world."

 

The film is aimed towards all generations to prompt them to remain connected and to enjoy the simple things in life.

For those of you who were unable to attend, you are still in luck. The Myrna Loy Center in Helena is also hosting a screening of the film on October 19th at 4:00.

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • UPDATE: Fire at Silverwood caused by cigarette

    UPDATE: Fire at Silverwood caused by cigarette

    Friday, August 29 2014 2:35 PM EDT2014-08-29 18:35:38 GMT
    ATHOL, Idaho - After a thorough investigation into the fire that closed a portion of Silverwood Theme Park last weekend, investigators with the Timberlake Fire Protection District say it was most likely an improperly discarded cigarette that started the fire.
    ATHOL, Idaho - After a thorough investigation into the fire that closed a portion of Silverwood Theme Park last weekend, investigators with the Timberlake Fire Protection District say it was most likely an improperly discarded cigarette that started the fire. The fire happened on August 24th, around 2:00pm in a restroom at the Boulder Beach Water park. The water park was evacuated while crews worked to put the flames out. 
  • CMR Volleyball Excited for New Coach

    CMR Volleyball Excited for New Coach

    Former Lady Griz Theresa Besich takes over the helm at CMR.
    Former Lady Griz Theresa Besich takes over the helm at CMR.
  • High STD Rate in Cascade County

    High STD Rate in Cascade County

    Cascade County has the third highest rate of sexually transmitted diseases in the state and officials say that many of the STD's are originating from one specific area.
    Cascade County has the third highest rate of sexually transmitted diseases in the state and officials say that many of the STD's are originating from one specific area.
Powered by WorldNow

Sports

  • Sports
  • Community

  • Community
  • Powered by WorldNow
    All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Max Media. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.