CMR Students Help Build Houses - KFBB.com News, Sports and Weather

CMR Students Help Build Houses

Posted: Updated:
GREAT FALLS -

C.M. Russell High School students aren't just learning with books and homework, they are getting their education while helping out their community at the same time. Looks like a ordinary construction site right, But this house isn't being built by your typical construction workers. This is the High School House Class from CMR.

"Basically from start to finish we build a house, the kids do everything from the concrete work to the walls, sheet rock, roofing," explains teacher, Landon Stubbs.

Students spend most of their school year helping a local organization complete houses on time and on budget.

"The partner that we work with is neighbor works. so they supply our materials and we supply the labor," says Stubbs.

Thanks to the High School House Class, student Michael Lamere can get an early start on living his dream.

"Well I have been wanting to be a construction worker, like my Freshman year I just decided and this actually helps me to get a step closer to what I want to do," answers Lamere.

Proving that school can also be fun; Lamere is not afraid dirty for his favorite part of the job.

"I'm going to have to say mudding it's where you can get dirty but you can clean it off at the same time," says Lamere.

The work that Lamere and his classmates do is not only educational but a community service that will help give a family their first home.

"It usually go to a first time home buyer, low income family that apply through neighbor works,"explains Stubbs.

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • UPDATE: Fire at Silverwood caused by cigarette

    UPDATE: Fire at Silverwood caused by cigarette

    Friday, August 29 2014 2:35 PM EDT2014-08-29 18:35:38 GMT
    ATHOL, Idaho - After a thorough investigation into the fire that closed a portion of Silverwood Theme Park last weekend, investigators with the Timberlake Fire Protection District say it was most likely an improperly discarded cigarette that started the fire.
    ATHOL, Idaho - After a thorough investigation into the fire that closed a portion of Silverwood Theme Park last weekend, investigators with the Timberlake Fire Protection District say it was most likely an improperly discarded cigarette that started the fire. The fire happened on August 24th, around 2:00pm in a restroom at the Boulder Beach Water park. The water park was evacuated while crews worked to put the flames out. 
  • CMR Volleyball Excited for New Coach

    CMR Volleyball Excited for New Coach

    Former Lady Griz Theresa Besich takes over the helm at CMR.
    Former Lady Griz Theresa Besich takes over the helm at CMR.
  • High STD Rate in Cascade County

    High STD Rate in Cascade County

    Cascade County has the third highest rate of sexually transmitted diseases in the state and officials say that many of the STD's are originating from one specific area.
    Cascade County has the third highest rate of sexually transmitted diseases in the state and officials say that many of the STD's are originating from one specific area.
Powered by WorldNow

Sports

  • Sports
  • Community

  • Community
  • Powered by WorldNow
    All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Max Media. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.