Fire Causes Apartment Building To Be Evacuated - KFBB.com News, Sports and Weather

Fire Causes Apartment Building To Be Evacuated

Posted: Updated:

An entire apartment building was evacuated Saturday evening when a small fire was reported in one of the bottom apartments.

Around 6:30 PM Great Falls police and fire departments responded to reports of smoke coming from an apartment building located on 2nd Ave N and 8th Street.

The apartment building was evacuated, and the roads around the building were blocked off as firefighters investigated.

The source of the smoke was discovered in a bottom apartment in the building.

The Great Falls fire chief believes the smoke and fire was caused by a cigarette butt that had fallen into a pile of clothes.

The small fire was quickly controlled. The fire chief says there were no injuries and no damage was done to the apartment building.

Powered by WorldNow

Sports

  • Sports
  • Community

  • Community
  • Powered by WorldNow
    All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Max Media. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.