Barn Fire in Stockett - KFBB.com News, Sports and Weather

Barn Fire in Stockett

Posted: Updated:
GREAT FALLS -

There was a fire in Stockett this afternoon burning one barn and endangering several near by houses. Firefighter crews from sand Coulee, Black Eagle, Gore Hill, Belt and Malmstrom were called to the scene at 34 Johnson Road early afternoon with reports that a barn that was on fire. Before the Fire Departments arrival the fire had already spread to the dry grass near the barn due to high winds. The winds made it more difficult for firefighters to put out the fire and focus on keeping the surrounding houses safe.

"Well when we got on scene the barn was already on the ground so that's what our job was, was to kind of do structure protection around the barn so," says Gore Hill Fire Department, Justin Kercher.

Fire crews were able to put out the big flames and continued working on small hot spots on the ground, but the barn itself was too badly damaged. No injuries have been reported and there no word yet as to what might have caused the fire.

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Fatal Car Accident Near Belt

    Fatal Car Accident Near Belt

    An early morning car accident has taken the life of at one individual just outside of Great Falls.
    An early morning car accident has taken the life of at one individual just outside of Great Falls.
  • UPDATE: Fire at Silverwood caused by cigarette

    UPDATE: Fire at Silverwood caused by cigarette

    Friday, August 29 2014 2:35 PM EDT2014-08-29 18:35:38 GMT
    ATHOL, Idaho - After a thorough investigation into the fire that closed a portion of Silverwood Theme Park last weekend, investigators with the Timberlake Fire Protection District say it was most likely an improperly discarded cigarette that started the fire.
    ATHOL, Idaho - After a thorough investigation into the fire that closed a portion of Silverwood Theme Park last weekend, investigators with the Timberlake Fire Protection District say it was most likely an improperly discarded cigarette that started the fire. The fire happened on August 24th, around 2:00pm in a restroom at the Boulder Beach Water park. The water park was evacuated while crews worked to put the flames out. 
  • High STD Rate in Cascade County

    High STD Rate in Cascade County

    Cascade County has the third highest rate of sexually transmitted diseases in the state and officials say that many of the STD's are originating from one specific area.
    Cascade County has the third highest rate of sexually transmitted diseases in the state and officials say that many of the STD's are originating from one specific area.
Powered by WorldNow

Sports

  • Sports
  • Community

  • Community
  • Powered by WorldNow
    All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Max Media. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.