Taco Bell Reveals 'Mystery Beef' Ingredients - KFBB.com News, Sports and Weather

Taco Bell Reveals 'Mystery Beef' Ingredients

Posted: Updated:
Viewing on a mobile phone, click the link: http://tinyurl.com/n6qj8e2

SPOKANE, Wash. - Taco Bell mystery beef is no longer a mystery. Taco Bell’s official website features an explanation of what the 12% remaining ingredients in their 88% beef mixture actually is. Taco Bell admits that while the additional ingredients may have some, “weird names” they are, “completely safe and approved by the FDA.”

They go on to say, “Many of them are items you might use at home such as salt, peppers, and spices. Ingredients like oats and sodium phosphates help make sure the texture is right.”

Taco Bell’s move toward transparency comes after they were forced to change marketing practices and reveal ingredients after a  2011 class-action lawsuit that claimed Taco bell’s beef did not contain enough beef to justify usage of the term.

  • Top Stories from KHQTop StoriesMore>>

  • Rising Eagle Road Fire: New fire near Winthrop and Twisp

    Rising Eagle Road Fire: New fire near Winthrop and Twisp

    Friday, August 1 2014 8:24 PM EDT2014-08-02 00:24:50 GMT
    KHQ.COM - According to Carlton Complex information, a new fire has started south of Winthrop near the smoke jumper base we are assisting local agencies and providing resources as necessary. This fire is not apart of the Carlton Complex fire, but they are assisting. >>>>> CLICK INSIDE FOR MORE INFORMATION>>>>>>
    KHQ.COM - According to Carlton Complex information, a new fire has started south of Winthrop near the smoke jumper base we are assisting local agencies and providing resources as necessary. This fire is not apart of the Carlton Complex fire, but they are assisting. >>>>> CLICK INSIDE FOR MORE INFORMATION>>>>>>
  • 2 Ebola victims to be treated at Atlanta hospital

    2 Ebola victims to be treated at Atlanta hospital

    Friday, August 1 2014 4:44 PM EDT2014-08-01 20:44:43 GMT
    CONAKRY, Guinea (AP) - Presidents from the West African countries hit by the Ebola outbreak are meeting with world health leaders to come up with ways to stop the spread of the deadly disease. The World Health Organization said Friday it is launching a new joint $100 million response plan to the outbreak that has killed at least 729 people in four countries.
    CONAKRY, Guinea (AP) - Presidents from the West African countries hit by the Ebola outbreak are meeting with world health leaders to come up with ways to stop the spread of the deadly disease. The World Health Organization said Friday it is launching a new joint $100 million response plan to the outbreak that has killed at least 729 people in four countries.
  • Obama: GOP not even trying to solve immigration

    Obama: GOP not even trying to solve immigration

    Friday, August 1 2014 4:39 PM EDT2014-08-01 20:39:54 GMT
    WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama says House Republicans are trying to pass the most extreme and unworkable version of an immigration bill even though they know the bill isn't going anywhere.Republicans are pushing legislation that could clear the way for eventual deportation of more than 500,000 immigrants brought here illegally as kids and address the surge of immigrants at the U.S.-Mexico border.
    WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama says House Republicans are trying to pass the most extreme and unworkable version of an immigration bill even though they know the bill isn't going anywhere.Republicans are pushing legislation that could clear the way for eventual deportation of more than 500,000 immigrants brought here illegally as kids and address the surge of immigrants at the U.S.-Mexico border.
Powered by WorldNow

Sports

  • Sports
  • Community

  • Community
  • Powered by WorldNow
    All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Max Media. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.