Barbecue Safety Tips - KFBB.com News, Sports and Weather

Barbeque Safety Tips

Barbecue Safety Tips

Posted: Updated:
    Now that spring has finally sprung many people are busting out their grills and enjoying the start of barbecue season and whether you use gas, charcoal or wood the most important thing is to be safe.
   
    If you are using a gas grill the great falls fire department suggests you always check your propane tank for leaks before you start to grill. The easiest way to do this is to use a light soap solution on the hose to see if it bubbles and be aware of any propane smell. If you are using charcoal always make sure you use the proper lighter fluid to light the briquettes. One of the easiest ways to stay safe is to keep your grill a safe distance from any flammable objects.
   
    Fire Chief Dirk Johnson says that distance is one of the easiest ways to stay safe. "Like i say maintain a safe distance. It does cause a lot of heat so keep it a safe distance from all flammables. Do it outdoors none of them are made to be used indoors. Keep it outdoors, keep it away from flammables and enjoy it"
   
    Between 2007 and 2011 there were a reported 7,500 fires related to barbecues and most are completely preventable by staying safe while you grill.
  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Great Falls Animal Shelter Running Out of Space

    Great Falls Animal Shelter Running Out of Space

    The Great Falls Animal Shelter is running out of space to house animals.
    The Great Falls Animal Shelter is running out of space to house animals.
  • UPDATE: Fire at Silverwood caused by cigarette

    UPDATE: Fire at Silverwood caused by cigarette

    Friday, August 29 2014 2:35 PM EDT2014-08-29 18:35:38 GMT
    ATHOL, Idaho - After a thorough investigation into the fire that closed a portion of Silverwood Theme Park last weekend, investigators with the Timberlake Fire Protection District say it was most likely an improperly discarded cigarette that started the fire.
    ATHOL, Idaho - After a thorough investigation into the fire that closed a portion of Silverwood Theme Park last weekend, investigators with the Timberlake Fire Protection District say it was most likely an improperly discarded cigarette that started the fire. The fire happened on August 24th, around 2:00pm in a restroom at the Boulder Beach Water park. The water park was evacuated while crews worked to put the flames out. 
  • High STD Rate in Cascade County

    High STD Rate in Cascade County

    Cascade County has the third highest rate of sexually transmitted diseases in the state and officials say that many of the STD's are originating from one specific area.
    Cascade County has the third highest rate of sexually transmitted diseases in the state and officials say that many of the STD's are originating from one specific area.
Powered by WorldNow

Sports

  • Sports
  • Community

  • Community
  • Powered by WorldNow
    All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Max Media. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.