Funeral arrangements for fallen Cascade County Sheriff's Deputy, Joseph Dunn, will be held on Thursday, August 21st at 1:00PM at the Four Seasons Arena, also known as the Montana ExpoPark, in Great Falls.
An initial procession preceding the ceremony for law enforcement vehicles leaving Montana Air and National Guard will begin at 11:30AM. The planned route is as follows:
- The procession will get on the interstate and take the Central Avenue West Exit.
- It will then travel to 6th Street Northwest where it will turn northbound.
-The procession will then enter the 6th Street Gate to the Montana ExpoPark where it will subside for the duration of the funeral.
Following the ceremony, at roughly 2:00PM, the procession will commence. Details are as follows:
- The procession will exit the Expo Park through the north gate onto the Northwest Bypass East Bound to 3rd Street Northwest.
- Turning southbound on to 3rd Street Northwest to Central Avenue West turning East to go over the 1st Avenue North Bridge.
- From the 1st Ave N Bridge, the procession will turn right on to River Drive and proceed up and over flag hill (overlook drive) to 10th Avenue South where the procession will merge going eastbound
- The procession will then proceed to 13th Street South and proceed southbound on 13th to 33rd Avenue South where it will turn left and continue eastbound to Highland Cemetery.
Deputy Dunn was killed in the line of duty on Thursday, August 14th when he was struck by a vehicle that was being pursued by law enforcement. He was 33-years-old and is survived by his wife and two small children.