Date Submit: November 14, 2017
Position: Wake Up Montana Production Assistant – Full Time
Date Available: Immediately
Job Description: We are looking for a dynamic, creative and self-motivated individual for Wake Up Montana, a 2-hour statewide morning news show. This person will be responsible for editing, shooting and camera operation for the entire morning show.
You must have solid journalistic judgment as well as a working knowledge of TV production including graphics, pre-production and computer skills.
You must meet all deadlines and work well under pressure. You must possess a positive ``can-do`` attitude and love working on a team.
Our ideal candidate would be someone looking to learn all technical aspects of broadcasting and is willing to train to be a newscast director.
Duties Also Include:
· Must meet deadlines and work well under stress
· Possess good news judgment
· Positive ``can-do`` attitude and team player
· Non-linear video-editing (Adobe Premiere)
· Operating studio cameras
· Shooting and editing Wake Up Montana stories
· Strong communication skills
· Self-starter able to work with little direction and solve problems
· Must be dependable and reliable.
· Shift is Monday through Friday, 12:30 am - 9:30 am. Work on some holidays will be necessary.
May be called on for other special events such as elections, fires, floods and/or other breaking news.
· Position open until filled
You can e-mail your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
ATTN: Wake Up Montana
2045 Overland Avenue
Billings, MT 59102
KULR-8, Wake Up Montana, Cowles Montana Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.