Rose charged with deliberate homicide - News, Sports and Weather

Rose charged with deliberate homicide

Posted: Updated:

UPDATE: The charges against William Rose III have officially changed from attempted deliberate homicide to deliberate homicide after 57-year-old Steven Jacobson died of his injuries. 

Court documents state the investigation revealed that in minutes leading up to the shooting, Rose left Jacobson's girlfriend multiple voicemails where he can be heard threatening to kill Jacobson. Specifically, he is reported to have said: "he dies in 20 seconds." Charging documents also state in the voicemails recorded just three minutes before the shooting, Rose states he had two handguns pointed at the victim and says no one knows they are hanging out and "I can just put you down." The voicemails reportedly sound as if Jacobson calls his girlfriend, leaves a message, and purposely does not end the call so the recording continues. Three minutes later, Rose calls 911 to report he shot someone.

When officers arrived, they noted Rose appeared to be under the influence of narcotics. A blood sample was taken and sent to the Montana State Crime Lab for analysis. 

UPDATE: Cascade County Sheriff Bob Edwards has confirmed that 57-year-old Steven Jacobson has died. 

Jacobson passed away on April 21st. An autopsy was performed yesterday and they determined the cause of death was from a gunshot.

We have not received word on whether or not the charges for William Rose III have changed.

UPDATE: Cascade County Attorney Josh Racki tells KFBB Rose is officially facing attempted deliberate homicide charges.  Rose was booked on April 8th after he claims he shot Steven Jacobson in self-defense.  Jacobson was listed in critical condition at Benefis for a few days.  

As of April 12th, Benefis was not able to give us any more updates on his condition.

UPDATE: William Patrick Rose III is now in custody, after contacting the Great Falls Police Department and telling them that he shot someone. GFPD responded to a house at 521 22nd Avenue NE Sunday, where they discovered Steven Jacobson with a gunshot wound to his chest. 

Jacobson has been reported in critical condition.

Rose claimed that it was in self-defense, but did not speak with the officers about the incident. 

He is facing one count of assault with a deadly weapon. Rose's bond has been set at $100,000. 

UPDATE: Sergeant Marty Bower with GFPD tells KFBB one man has been sent to the hospital with undisclosed injuries.

GFPD was initially sent to the scene for reports of a domestic disturbance. 

Police officers are at the hospital with the victim. Sergeant Bowers says there is no threat to the public at this time. He would not say what led to the disturbance, if anyone else was involved, or the extent of the injuries. 

KFBB is receiving reports of shots fired in Great Falls Sunday evening. 

Just before 9:30pm, it was reported that a shot was fired on the 500 block of 22nd Avenue Northeast in Great Falls, near the Walmart Shopping Center. 

It is unclear at this time if anyone was injured, or if there is a suspect. Neighbors in the area tell our reporter on scene they heard at least one gunshot, but thought it was from their TV, until they saw approximately 14 police cars swarm the area. An ambulance was seen leaving the area. 

Great Falls Police on scene are not releasing any information, nor are they confirming if anyone was shot. When our reporter called police dispatch, he was told they are not currently accepting calls. 

We will continue to update you as more information becomes available. 

Powered by Frankly
Copyright - All content © 2001 - 2018. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.