Great Falls man accused of threatening infant facing additional - News, Sports and Weather

Great Falls man accused of threatening infant facing additional charges

Posted: Updated:

UPDATE: Kyle Roman, who is accused of threatening an infant, is now facing additional charges after police say he fought with detention officers in an attempt to escape and got his hands on an officer's taser.

On May 1st, while being transported to the Great Falls Clinic, Roman reportedly became unruly and belligerent. Once in the waiting room, the behavior continued so the Detention Officer told staff to cancel the appointment and they attempted to leave. 

Court documents state Roman became "dead weight" and made it difficult to leave the clinic, but as soon as the officers got him outside, he became physically resistant and assaultive in an attempt to escape the officers.

Eventually, one of the officers drew his taser and stunned Roman, but Roman managed to take the taser away. He pulled the trigger causing the taser to spark.

He is now facing additional charges of assault on a peace officer or judicial officer, assault with a weapon, and escape (attempt).

Kyle Ramon is charged with Intimidation and Obstructing a Peace Officer following an April 30 incident with GFPD and DPHHS.

According to court documents GFPD officers went to Ramon's home on the 900 block of 2nd Ave S to check on the welfare of an infant in Ramon's care.They knocked on the door but Ramon did not answer.

The Department of Health and Human Services planned to remove the baby from the residence after Ramon sent numerous text messages to the infants mother saying he was "gunna kick (the baby) in the head" and "Your Kidiw about to get ouched in the f****** face and left here" and "I left ur kid." (All grammar and spelling errors are from original texts.) 

Police tried to use their intercoms multiple times to get Ramon to come out. Ramon called police dispatch and briefly spoke to a dispatcher before hanging up.

Two women came out of the home and told officers Ramon was inside. Ramon was eventually taken into custody and admitted to the threats. He said he did not hear the officers because he was giving the baby a bath.

Court documents say this was not the case as the baby was found filthy and in a soiled diaper.

The state is requesting Ramon's bond at $25,000 respectfully.

Powered by Frankly
Copyright - All content © 2001 - 2018. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.